New Cordbox Prototype

The Wallline! Plyboo (which is bamboo plywood), cherry, maple veneer over birch plywood.

/ No comments

New Cordbox Prototype

The Wallline! Plyboo (which is bamboo plywood), cherry, maple veneer over birch plywood.

/ No comments

Dining Room Table in Its Natural Habitat

I decided three coats of oil varnish were enough and brought the table home last night. We* drove it over in two pieces, then attached the top to the base in the dining room. It fits into the room pretty

/ One Comment

Dining Room Table in Its Natural Habitat

I decided three coats of oil varnish were enough and brought the table home last night. We* drove it over in two pieces, then attached the top to the base in the dining room. It fits into the room pretty

/ One Comment

Dining Room Table Wrapping Up

The last ten percent of the job takes fifty percent of the time. Various shots of the final stages. The base with feet and table supports glued up. All of the supports are attached with glue and screws. I clamped

/ No comments

Dining Room Table Wrapping Up

The last ten percent of the job takes fifty percent of the time. Various shots of the final stages. The base with feet and table supports glued up. All of the supports are attached with glue and screws. I clamped

/ No comments

Almost There

Finished the feet and supports yesterday and dryfit all the parts. All that’s left to do is trim the tabletop to its final dimensions (and round over the edges) and glue-up the feet and supports. Then a few hours of

/ No comments

Almost There

Finished the feet and supports yesterday and dryfit all the parts. All that’s left to do is trim the tabletop to its final dimensions (and round over the edges) and glue-up the feet and supports. Then a few hours of

/ No comments

No More Milling

Yesterday I completed the last of the milling for the dining room table. I started out the day with a big hunk of 10/4 mahogany and ended it with seven 24″ long 2″x2″ square clubs. They will become the tabletop

/ No comments

No More Milling

Yesterday I completed the last of the milling for the dining room table. I started out the day with a big hunk of 10/4 mahogany and ended it with seven 24″ long 2″x2″ square clubs. They will become the tabletop

/ No comments

Table Views

Two views of the Dining Room Table created with Google Sketchup. I used Sketchup to create plan views, which also included dimensions, too.

/ No comments

Table Views

Two views of the Dining Room Table created with Google Sketchup. I used Sketchup to create plan views, which also included dimensions, too.

/ No comments

How I spent the day.

These are the afters. I dug the hole. And backfilled it. The plumber cut out the old sewer pipe and installed the new. The after. The hole is about three feet deep. The tunnel off to the left was hard

/ No comments

How I spent the day.

These are the afters. I dug the hole. And backfilled it. The plumber cut out the old sewer pipe and installed the new. The after. The hole is about three feet deep. The tunnel off to the left was hard

/ No comments

Table Top

Last week I put the tabletop together. Yesterday I removed the clamps and sanded out the mill marks and glue splotches. I went up to 220 grit with the orbital sander. I’ll make another pass or two on the way

/ One Comment

Table Top

Last week I put the tabletop together. Yesterday I removed the clamps and sanded out the mill marks and glue splotches. I went up to 220 grit with the orbital sander. I’ll make another pass or two on the way

/ One Comment

Dining Room Table in Work

The new dining room table is under way. Last night I clamped up the top. Last week I roughed out all the stock, and got the base glued up. Here are a couple of snapshots of last week’s action. The

/ No comments

Dining Room Table in Work

The new dining room table is under way. Last night I clamped up the top. Last week I roughed out all the stock, and got the base glued up. Here are a couple of snapshots of last week’s action. The

/ No comments

Butcher Block Stand

Here’s the first thing I made for the new house. The top is just a pre-finished maple butcher block I bought at the lumber yard. The base is cherry. I finished it with three coats of Tried and True Varnish

/ No comments

Butcher Block Stand

Here’s the first thing I made for the new house. The top is just a pre-finished maple butcher block I bought at the lumber yard. The base is cherry. I finished it with three coats of Tried and True Varnish

/ No comments